Jan 21 Natural History Museum of LA County
DAPPER DAY Visits NHMLA
Sunday, January 21, 9:30a–5 pm (Museum hours) Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Step out in style with us for an elegant day at the largest natural history museum in the western United States. Opened in 1913, the NHMLA collections include nearly 35 million specimens and artifacts, covering 4.5 billion years of history.
• Shop the DAPPER DAY Pop-Up Boutique of select vintage and fashion vendors in the shadow of the "Dueling Dinos" in the Museum entry.
• Dance to the swinging sounds of the SAN ANDREAS SISTERS surrounded by the spectacular dioramas of the North American Mammal Hall at 1 and 3:30p. (Museum closes at 5p.)
• Keep your camera ready, we hear a prehistoric creature or two may dress up to join us.
• See some of the world's rarest colorful diamonds for a limited time. NHMLA’s Gem and Mineral Vault welcomes a wide variety of alluring diamonds showcasing natural green radiance, and the extremely rare color–changing "chameleon" diamonds.
• Visit the special exhibition "TATTOO" featuring more than 230 images and objects, ranging from historical artifacts to intricate contemporary designs tattooed onto silicone models of the human body. Plus an on-site pop-up tattoo parlor with museum-inspired designs by LA artists!
Join our email newsletter and be the first to get updates.
Invite friends on our Facebook event page
DAPPER DAY Visits NHMLA is a special event included with general museum admission.
A ticket is required to enter the museum galleries. Additional ticket required to see the TATTOO exhibition.
NHMLA General Admission: https://nhm.org/site/plan-your-visit/tickets
BECOME A MUSEUM MEMBER WITH OUR SPECIAL DISCOUNT
3 Museums, 1 Membership
Members enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences, a wealth of educational programming, and unlimited excitement at the Natural History Family of Museums including NHMLA, the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, and the William S. Hart Museum. Membership includes free tickets to travelling exhibits, Bug Fair, Dino Fest, Butterfly Pavilion, Spider Pavilion, First Friday’s concert series, and more.
Go to NHM.ORG/membership and use code DAPPERDAY to get 15% off the price of membership!
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
900 Exposition Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Our "Dapper Dino" pins available at shop.DapperDay.com and at the event.