Fall 2017 LACMA
DAPPER DAY + LACMA Celebrate Chagall, Saturday, September 2 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
• 12–5 pm | Docent-led tours of Chagall and fashion in art (free with admission)
• 2–5 pm | 35mm screening of The Red Shoes followed by a conversation about costume design for dance with Stephen Galloway, Bobi Garland, and Stacia Lang (free, tickets required)
• 3–7 pm | Join the LACMA summer tradition and bring a picnic and blanket to gather on the lawn, or grab food and drink at LACMA restaurants or concession stands
• 5–7 pm | Free Latin Sounds concert featuring Fabian Otero & West Coast Salsa Orchestra. Join us on an expanded outdoor dance floor for these hot Latin tunes!
• 7–9 pm | Chagall galleries are open for an additional two hours for this night only!
• 7–10 pm | The dancing continues in front of Urban Light with DJ Professor Watson. (free)
Chagall ticket cost (including admission to all other exhibitions and permanent collection galleries): $25 adults; free for members and children 17 and under. lacma.org
Invite friends via our Facebook Event Page!
Since its inception in 1965, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) has been devoted to collecting works of art that span both history and geography, in addition to representing Los Angeles's uniquely diverse population.
LACMA is the largest art museum in the western United States, with a collection that includes nearly 130,000 objects dating from antiquity to the present, encompassing the geographic world and nearly the entire history of art. Among the museum’s strengths are its holdings of Asian art, Latin American art, ranging from pre-Columbian masterpieces to works by leading modern and contemporary artists; and Islamic art, of which LACMA hosts one of the most significant collections in the world. Learn more at LACMA.org